Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blog Post#1

The way you talk doesn't affect the type of person you are, it affects the type of person people think you are. The way I talk in my opinion is mainly influenced by my family and peers. Since I can remember slang/in proper English is something that’s always been a part of my life. I can remember from childhood hearing my older family members saying aint, yo, and wassup. This to me wasn’t in proper but just how we talked. My Language never affected me until I reached grade school ,and found that I was always being corrected. The way I speak is to get my point across, if that means cutting out words or using slang I just want to get my point across .As I got older I grew accustomed to talking one way with my family and friends, and another way in public. The speech habits I developed are I interact with my friends with more laid back language being free to say things how I want, but in a classroom it’s more of professional language and you have to be careful of how you speak. I think there’s a time and a place for certain type of language and it’s up to you as a person to choose when and where and how you use certain language.
- Alisa H

2 comments:

  1. Girl speak on that the way you are doesnt reflect who you are but reflects the way you are being seen. Thats a great point. Like jay wrote words have a way of creating chemistry and words are what creates language

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its kinda like expressing your love for someone, it shoudlnt matter how you say it as long as the person you are speaking to understands, then thats all that matters. I have a porblem with understand young children when they ask for things and i've asked my friedns, "what are they saying, how can you understand them?" They say its wierd but when you have your own kids u'll understand, but for now its just another laquage to you. its all about who you are communicating with.

    ReplyDelete