Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Blog Post #2

I went to high school at Angelo Rodriguez high school in  Fairfield, Ca. In my opinion Rodriguez was a melting pot of all different ethnicity. Rodriguez was a school in such a small neighborhood that most of the kids knew each other. I would say coming from school in San Francisco and Oakland the most shocking thing was that people who wouldn’t normally be friends, or hang out knew each other and were friends. Rodriguez a fairly new school just being built in 2000, we were expected to achieve higher scores on standardized test and compete fairly well in sports competitions. Needless to say we were the best school in our district and were rewarded regularly. As far as facilities our school was new with a brand new football field, track, and swimming pool. The atmosphere was very friendly but disciplined, students had to wear a school I.D every day & weren’t allowed within five feet of a fight or you would be suspended also. The teachers were nice, friendly, & caring, but a few in my opinion were only there for a pay check. All schools have good points & bad but overall I feel that I received a decent education.
-Alisa H

No comments:

Post a Comment